- This event has passed.
How to Raise Money for Your Mission
September 27 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Does just the thought of raising money make you tired? Or are you eager to dive into fundraising but don’t know where to start? “How to Raise Money for Your Mission” will guide you through the steps of building an individual giving program. It will leave you more confident as you engage your full team in joyfully raising money for your mission.
“How to Raise Money for Your Mission” strengthens your understanding of the four major building blocks of a solid fundraising strategy:
- Make the case: Why should someone give to your organization? We will ground our conversation in your purpose and share tools for crafting messages that tell your story to the people who are most likely to give.
- Build a fundraising plan: Once you know WHY people should give, let’s make a plan that defines WHAT your team will do to raise money. A strong fundraising plan represents a constellation of approaches that are intentional and focused on your overall goal.
- Integrate events into the plan: Most organizations have either friendraiser or fundraiser events, and all too often these events take place outside of the bigger fundraising plan. We will connect your events to your fundraising plan and review strategies for cultivating donors through events.
- Engage board members and other key members of your community: Your board members are key team members in building a culture of philanthropy within your organization. We will explore how your board members best fit into your organization’s fundraising strategy.
By the end of the session, you will have:
- Made the case for why someone should give to your organization.
- Outlined at least three elements of your fundraising plan.
- Identified five people most likely to give in the future… and how you will engage them.
- Defined concrete ways that your board members and key community members will participate joyfully in fundraising for your organization.