Build a Learning Strategy to Expand Reach, Revenue, and Impact
March 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$90
You deliver trainings. You might also produce a few checklists, templates, or white papers to help people get what they need. You struggle to figure out the business model to cover the costs of your programs, let alone maximize their impact across your community. It is time for a learning strategy.
An effective learning strategy helps people solve problems so they can do their jobs better. It gives them what they need when they need it so they have greater impact. It also provides you with guidance on how you communicate, price programs, and prioritize opportunities. Just as the process of building a strategic plan makes space for important conversations about direction and priorities, a learning strategy answers core questions so you can run your programs with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
During this hands-on course, we will cover the core elements of a learning strategy:
- Your learning philosophy
- What audience you most want to reach
- How to prioritize programs
- Elements of a business model
- Ways to support your success
By the end, you will be able to:
- Explain your learning program strategy to someone.
- Name two key audiences and how you serve them.
- Name considerations in pricing a program.
- Decide what elements of your learning program to move to on-demand learning.
The course will include:
- One 3-hour session (with a break)
- Workbook filled with worksheets and resources to guide your process
- Peer connection for sharing ideas and resources
- Recordings accessible for up to six months
This course is designed for learning directors, executive directors, and consultants interested in making their learning program more strategic.