How to design and deliver a conference that leads people to do things differently
You organize conferences. You spend considerable time scheduling speakers and managing logistics. You want people to come, have a good experience, and feel connected to your organization. But how do you know you made a difference? How do you make sure that the people who attend your conference are able to do their work differently because they invested time and money in your event? How do you use your conference to move the needle on some important issue facing your organization or sector?
During this session, we walk through the four elements of conference design:
- Strategy and overall approach
- Pre-conference activities
- The big day: Deliver a day that makes a difference
- Make it stick: Post-conference activities
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe how a conference can fit into your organization’s strategy
- Name several ways that you can get attendees ready to learn before the conference begins
- Support your speakers to deliver excellent workshops
- Describe how to build in opportunities for networking and reflection
- Explain ways to “boost” learning after the conference
You will hear practical advice based on implementing and advising on conferences big and small. You will leave ready to deliver a learningful conference for the people you serve.
Contact us to find out how we can customize a learning program to your needs.